Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New York Times Text Messages

A couple of weeks ago, during the presidential elections, I logged on to the New York Times' text messaging feature, and requested that the latest news be texted to me.

I expected to get an immediate update as soon as the presidential candidate had been announced, instead I received three text messages back to back shortly after signing up.

The first message read, "Live Blogging Election Night", the second message read, "Covering the Coverage" and the third read, "Polls  Begin Closing in Final Hours of Epic Campaign".

Following these three text messages, I never received the big news of who had become our new president, instead I had to surf the internet to find out which of the two candidates had won.

As a matter of fact, three weeks later, I have yet to receive another text message from the New York Times, maybe they just forgot about me.

No comments: